Sunday, July 29, 2012

What I've been up to...

HEY! Let me just tell you right now, its crazy how much you can get done in five months! When I posted last, I was working on my final exhibition for school, doing all kinds of portrait work and basically trying to figure out what it was that I wanted to do with my life once I graduated. Well, the commencement ceremony has come and gone, the party has been planned and executed, the thank you cards have been written and sent out (most of them...), but I still have 3 additional credits I must finish in order to officially graduate. And I couldn't be more excited, yet scared to tell you that I start my final undergraduate class tomorrow morning.

For some reason I thought I'd never have to grow up or really make any sort of plan for my life. I just thought that my "dream job" would be right there for me to grab once I grabbed my diploma but it wasn't. I started to realize that I have no idea what my dream job is. I know its out there and I think for me there could be more than one dream job. I get a special kind of unexplainable thrill from photography, and even though I have no idea where I'm going in life, I know that because of that thrill, no matter where I am or what I'm doing, I'll always be happy as long as I have my camera.

In these past few months I've really been trying to hone my skills and learn to have an open mind when it comes to what I've been commissioned to photograph. While some jobs have been just work to make sure I can survive, others I've really enjoyed and think they could be a nice future possibility for me (I should start a Possibilities book like in the movie The Last Holiday!...Ahhh!). One of these potential routes would be food photography.

I love food, I love photography, so why not join them together? :)

I'm on Pinterest and have already pinned a bunch of recipes (and crafty DIY projects) that I would like to attempt and photograph so I can show you all the different sides to who I am as an artist. Food and product photography are what I'm enjoying right now, and I hope you'll enjoy them with me.


Here are some red, white and blue rice crispy treats I made for my family's 4th of July festivities! Here's the recipe if you're interested :) 
http://lilluna.com/fouth-of-july-rice-krispies-treats/

No comments:

Post a Comment